How to Safely Polish Your Car for a Shine that will Last
Polishing your car isn’t just for showing it off – in an ideal world it should be a part of your regular vehicle maintenance! You’ve probably seen other shiny cars driving around and thought, “I wish mine looked like that.” But don’t let car envy drive your decision to get a professional polish – this is something that’s ultimately good for your car’s longevity. The best part is, it’s not as hard as you think to get that show-stopping shine. In this article, we will discuss the best way to safely polish your car so that the finish lasts for years.
Hand Or Machine Polishing?
The first step is to decide whether you want to hand polish or use a machine. If you have a large vehicle, then a machine will probably be the best option. For smaller cars, either method will work fine – it just comes down to personal preference. If you choose to hand polish, make sure you use a high-quality product and plenty of elbow grease!
Machine Polishing Tips
If you opt for machine polishing, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Always start with the least abrasive pad and compound first. You can always move up to a more aggressive pad/compound if needed, but it’s much harder to go back once you’ve started.
- Use a slow speed setting to start, and increase the speed as you go.
- Work in small sections (no larger than two square feet) and overlap your strokes by about 50%.
- Make sure to keep the pad level at all times to avoid creating holograms in the paint.
Hand Polishing Tips
If you’re going the hand polishing route, here are some tips:
- Again, start with a less abrasive compound and work your way up if needed.
- Use circular motions when applying the polish, and make sure to apply even pressure.
- Polish one small section at a time (no larger than two square feet).
- Wipe away excess polish immediately after each section is complete.
A clean home is a happy home. This old adage is true, and it’s especially important to keep your house clean during the summer months
Polishing your car isn’t just for showing it off – in an ideal world it should be a part of your regular vehicle maintenance! You’ve
Don’t Forget To Wash Your Car First
Don’t Forget: The first step, whether you’ve decided to use a machine or your bare hands, is to wash your car. You can’t polish a dirty car – it just won’t work! Once your car is clean, dry it off with a chamois or microfiber towel. Now you’re ready to start polishing.
Basic Car Polishing Tips & Techniques
No matter which method you choose, there are some basic tips and techniques that will help you get a perfect polish every time:
- Work in small sections and move the polisher back and forth in even strokes.
- Be sure to use plenty of polish – a little goes a long way.
- If you’re using a machine, make sure to change the pad frequently. A good rule of thumb is to change it after two or three sections.
- When hand polishing, use a fresh applicator for each section. This will help avoid streaking.
- Wipe away any excess polish immediately after each section is complete.
- Don’t forget to wax your car once you’re done polishing! This will help protect the paint and keep it looking shiny for longer.
Once you’ve gone over the entire vehicle, give it one final rinse and dry it off. Now stand back and admire your handiwork – a perfect, lasting shine!
If you follow these steps, polishing your car will be easy and the results will last. A little bit of elbow grease is all it takes to get that showroom-worthy finish. So go out there and make your car look its best!
That’s why K’s Cleaning service exists! We hold ourselves to the highest possible standards and offer Express Mobile Detailing options. No job is too big, and no stain is too tough!
We offer free quotes on every job! Get in touch with us to discuss your needs we’ll take care of everything else. We don’t believe in selling things you don’t want, and we won’t force you into unnecessary contracts.
Get in touch through our contact page today!